As part of your membership, you will have access to information covering upcoming events, nutrition topics, healthy recipes, and health behavior change coaching strategies via a weekly newsletter, Facebook, and our website. See more details below:
- Health behavior change coaching | Meet 1-on-1 with a national board-certified health and wellness coach and health and fitness professional to learn how to be more motivated, manage time, develop good habits, and improve your confidence in living a healthy lifestyle. **Sign-up is required.
- Microsoft Teams | All members are added to the WellCats group on Microsoft Teams. Microsoft Teams allows members to communicate with each other and the WellCats leadership team, and to receive updates and announcements about classes and program services.
- Individual nutrition consultation | Recognizing the importance of nutrition to keeping you healthy, WellCats has increased our pool of consultants to provide 1:1 Nutrition Consultation through the end of the month of May 2020.
- What can you expect in a nutrition consultation? During this 1:1 session, a trained nutrition professional will assess your current diet and help you identify goals to improve your diet, overall health, and well-being. If you are responsible for feeding others in your household, you'll also receive ideas for enhancing their nutrition. Consultations will occur via phone or Zoom. *Members will need to contact Josh Arguelles at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- On-campus group training classes
- ProActive Nutrition (PAN) classes: Healthy Food Prep Classes
- Racquetball at Jowers Center
- Subsidized membership to the Student Recreation Center (limited members)
- WellCats Educational Series
- WellCats Walk walking program
Other WellCats Benefits
As a WellCats member, if you have purchased your SRC membership, be sure to participate in all SRC has to offer.
- Need a SRC membership? Learn more on our membership page.
- Stay connected and keep moving by reserving your time slot at the SRC for the weight room, natatorium, group exercise, etc.
- Check the SRC hours of operation before reserving your timeslot for our services.
- Not on campus? Visit our virtual programming page to see the various options to keep you on track of your fitness goals.
- Learn more about our Covid-19 updates.
- Stay up-to-date on and follow us @txstrec
As a WellCats member, Total Wellness - San Marcos offers a $15 off membership discount for Group Exercise. Classes are help at the San Marcos Activity Center and childcare is free to Total Wellness - San Marcos members.
Total Wellness also offers Personal Training for a fee.
For additional information and to sign-up for services: Contact Josh Arguelles at email@example.com or 512.245.2557